ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
ISO 14001 specifies the general requirements for an Environmental Management System in an organization. ISO 14001 focuses on recognition of the environmental impacts of the organization’s operations, in order to minimize them and enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001 Environmental Management System can be applied to all categories of organizations, regardless their sector or the product or service they provide.
ISO 14001 is the most is the most widely used Environmental standard in the world. The standard’s fundamental principles are:
- Customer Focus
- Engagement of top management
- Active participation of personnel
- Commitment to continuous improvement and compliance with the applicable regulations and legislation
- Management of relationships with interested parties
Following the ANNEX SL structure, ISO 14001 can be combined during application or certification with other standards that follow the same structure, such as ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 2200, ISO 27001.
Who is it for?
Certification is addressed to all organizations, regardless of their size or the sector in which they operate.
What are the benefits of certification?
Environmental management systems based on ISO 14001 enable an organization to identify, assess and manage environmental issues with the aim of:
- protecting the environment,
- continual improvement,
- compliance with legal requirements and avoidance of fines,
- conserving natural resources and reducing costs,
- improving an organization’s public image,
- improving communication with public authorities.