BRC FOOD CERTIFICATION
Certification to this standard is designed for companies supplying retailer-branded food products and can be used as a tool to ensure the safe manufacture of the foods produced.
Experience and Quality
These audits are carried out by experienced food safety professionals trained specifically to the BRCGS Standard. They include significant time in the process plant and a review of the quality management and food safety plans that are in place.
The Audit Process
Audits using the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety as a guide generally require at least 2 days to complete, and include a document review and physical inspection. An additional day is devoted to writing the audit report and managing the corrective action process.
AIBI-CS has auditors competent in the following product categories.
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts
- Prepared fruit, vegetables, nuts
- Dairy, liquid egg
- Ready meals and sandwiches, ready-to-eat desserts
- Low/high acid in cans/glass
- Alcoholic drinks and fermented/brewed products
- Dried foods and ingredients
- Breakfast cereals and snacks
- Oils and fats
What are the benefits of certification?
Certification to the BRC Food Standard lends added value to an organization, as it:
- is a guarantee for clients, consumers and other interested parties of the Organization’s ability to consistently provide safe food.
- is a guarantee for the client that the product provided satisfies the mutually agreed requirements as well as the applicable legal and regulatory provisions on food safety.
- is internationally recognized, creates a competitive advantage, and attracts new customers and investors in international markets.
- creates a competitive advantage for concluding new collaboration agreements with large retail chains (supermarkets).
- enables certificated companies to appear in the publicly available part of the BRC Global Standards Directory, allowing recognition of their achievements and use of a logo for marketing purposes
- It is GFSI benchmarked scheme